Camp Fire

Recovery support

Thousands of people across our area have been affected by the recent wildfire. Residents in Butte County in particular have lost their homes, jobs, and even family members & friends. Even if you haven’t been directly affected, then the chances are that you know someone who has suffered a loss. The wildfire has left behind a path of unimaginable ruin. Miles of land, neighborhoods, and commercial properties have been destroyed. If you have been a victim of the recent wildfire in California, then you need a local attorney for wildfire-related insurance claims or personal injury lawsuits on your behalf.

Unfortunately, during this difficult time, there are some individuals that seek to take advantage of those who are grieving and in need of resources. The State Bar of California has issued a warning for fire victims to watch for and report potential legal fraud.
The Law Office of Raoul J. LeClerc endorses the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA WILDFIRE ATTORNEYS. Our Oroville, California office will be a location to process in-takes.

Let experienced, local attorneys help you navigate this difficult time. The first step to moving forward is reaching out for help. Call our office at 530-533-5661 to schedule an appointment in Oroville or Chico.

Upcoming deadlines

File Your Proof of Claim

October 21, 2019

The bankruptcy court has set a deadline for all Camp Fire legal claims of October 21, 2019. This means that all victims and survivors of the Camp fire must file their proof of claim with the bankruptcy court by October 21, 2019 if they wish to recover money for their:

•Loss of loved ones

If you have not yet filed a claim and would like to find out how to recover your losses from PG&E before forever losing that opportunity, contact our office and we can direct you.

PG&E Wildfire Assistance Program

Aid application deadline: November 15, 2019

Those displaced by the 2017 Northern California wildfires and 2018 Camp fire can apply for aid through an independently administered Wildfire Assistance Program funded by Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E).

If you can establish basic eligibility requirements and self-certify that you have at least $5,000 of unmet needs that have not been compensated by FEMA then you can apply for this assistance.

The assistance is meant to support needs such as:

•Medical supplies and equipment
•Infant formula and diapers
•Personal hygiene item
•Transportation fuels